Optimizations for device use and server communication
Device Management Connect and Device Management Client are designed for constrained devices, and therefore support methods that get the most out of the device's resources and battery life:
- Queue mode for energy efficient devices.
- Application congestion delivery control.
- Resource cache.
- Guidelines for memory use.
- Minimizing power consumption.
- Auto observation.
- Client pause and resume.
- Tailoring Device Management Client to your setup.
LwM2M also offers a presubscription feature to help you reduce traffic between your application and the LwM2M server.
By default, the client also supports TLS resume. This significantly decreases the number of bytes (and saves power) needed on re-connections as a full TLS handshake takes 8.6 kilobytes, while TLS resume only takes 853 bytes.