For device deletion purposes, the system distinguishes between two types of devices:
- Development devices: all devices using a development certificate.
- Deployed devices: all devices that are not using a development certificate.
Currently, you can only delete development devices.
You will want to delete a development device if your developer certificate has reached its 100 devices limit.
To delete a device in Device Management Portal:
- Go to the Device directory side menu.
- Check the device(s) you want to delete.
- Click the Action dropdown menu.
- Select Delete devices.
- Confirm the action.
If you delete a device, it can still register, but will not be accessible through the Device Management APIs and will not show in Portal. You should only delete developer devices that are no longer needed. If you have removed a device entry from the Device directory, you must reprogram the device with a new image to generate a new device ID for it.
Warning: You will not be able to see the deleted devices and you cannot undo a deletion.