Service APIs overview
The Pelion Device Management service APIs are based on the RESTful paradigm.
The APIs provide a concrete and consistent view of resources with support for Create, Read, Update, and Delete (CRUD) operations.
Why use the APIs?
You can use the APIs to:
- Use your own version of Device Management with your own branding.
- Make frequent changes to your devices.
- Create your own subset of features.
- Interact directly with devices instead of through Device Management Portal or SDKs.
- Perform operations that are unavailable through Device Management Portal or SDKs.
- Use Device Management without graphical interfaces (for experienced developers).
Resources in this section
For information on how the APIs work in general terms, see the Using the APIs tutorial.
See the full Service API documentation.
See Troubleshooting the APIs for information on status and error codes.