Service APIs overview
The Pelion Device Management service APIs are based on the RESTful paradigm.
The APIs provide a concrete and consistent view of resources with support for Create, Read, Update, and Delete (CRUD) operations.
Why use the APIs?
You can use the APIs to:
- Use your own version of Device Management with your own branding.
- Make frequent changes to your devices.
- Create your own subset of features.
- Interact directly with devices instead of through Device Management Portal or SDKs.
- Perform operations unavailable in Device Management Portal or SDKs.
- Use Device Management without graphical interfaces (for experienced developers).
For information on how the APIs work in general terms, see the Using the APIs tutorial.
Service API references
Note: If you do not belong to the Administrators user group you may not have access to all API calls. In this case, contact your administrator.
The available APIs are:
- Device Directory API: Stores device information and allows device management.
- Update Service API: Manages device firmware updates.
- Account Management API: Manages accounts and users, creates API keys, and uploads trusted certificates.
- Connect API: Allows web applications to communicate with devices.
- Bootstrap API: Allows web applications to control the device bootstrapping process.
- Enrollment API: Allows users to claim ownership of a device that is not yet assigned to an account.
- Connect Statistics API: Provides statistics about services through defined counters.
- Customer's third party CA API: Defines a third-party bootstrap certificate provider.
- Certificate enrollment API: Allows management of certificate renewal on devices.
- Billing API: Allows users to retrieve billing reports and service package details.
Note: The API hostname for Japan is not the same as the one used in the Service API documents. It is https://api.ap-northeast-1.mbedcloud.com.
Note: The services are constantly evolving, and the documentation is always for the latest version of the services. This means that we may list features that your client version does not support.