Service API documentation
This page gathers documentation for the public Device Management service APIs:
- Device Directory API: Stores device information and allows device management.
- Update Service API: Manages device firmware updates.
- Account Management API: Manages account access, authorization, communication and branding.
- Connect CA API: Allows services to get device credentials.
- Connect API: Allows web applications to communicate with devices.
- Notification API: Allows web applications to register channels for receiving notifications from devices.
- Bootstrap API: Allows web applications to control the device bootstrapping process.
- Enrollment API: Allows users to claim ownership of a device that is not yet assigned to an account.
- Connect Statistics API: Provides statistics about services through defined counters.
- Customer's third party CA API: Defines a third-party bootstrap certificate provider.
- Certificate enrollment API: Allows management of certificate renewal on devices.
- Billing API: Allows users to retrieve billing reports and service package details.
- Secure Device Access API: Enables you to request an access token and to manage trust anchors.
Note: The services are constantly evolving, and the documentation is always for the latest version of the services. This means that we may list features that your client version does not support.
If you do not belong to the Administrators user group, you may not have access to all API calls. In this case, contact your administrator.
See Troubleshooting the APIs for information on status and error codes.
Note: The API hostname for Japan is not the same as the one used in the Service API documents. It is https://api.ap-northeast-1.mbedcloud.com.