Prerequisites for firmware update
To successfully update the firmware on a device, you need to:
- Have a supported target running Mbed OS. For a list of all supported targets and configurations, see device requirements.
- Have connected your target to Device Management.
- Install the development tools: Refer to Tools and Accounts for details on the packages you should install.
- Install the manifest tool.
- Recommended: Create a virtual environment (
virtualenv). The tools section explains how to do this.
- Create the Device Management accounts that you need to connect and update the firmware on your devices.
After you meet these prerequisites, you can continue with a firmware update.